Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Starts with Bariatric Surgery ends with Tummy Tuck

It's been 12 months since mom's bariatric surgery….so proud of her. She's lost a ton of weight, is eating better, and finally living life again. Next, shes thinking about a tummy tuck to get rid of all that extra skin (gross!). Just when I thought I could stop worrying she desides to throw this at me! Ugggh. More anesthesia worries and a bunch more surgeries! I know she wants to finally be rid of this extra hanging skin with the tummy tuck and I want to be supportive, but this is tough.
I'm doing what I said I would never do, looking online for tummy tuck information. Of course first thing I see is nightmare stories of people who went for cosmetic surgery after their bariatric surgery adventures…with bad results. But I have found out that there are some Drs. that really seem to know what they're doing. Has anyone heard about Dr. Stephen Greenberg? Web site says he was voted Long Island plastic surgeon of the year. I read a bunch of interesting stuff on his web site….saw a short video talking about what he does for bariatric surgery patients. I know mom won't be having the surgery for like another six months, but I'm just looking for all the best information now. Can anyone help?


No comments:

Post a Comment