Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Early Xmas Shopping

The holidays are right around the corner, its never to early to start preparing. My friend who works for kmart said they just started getting their xmas decorations in, and the store should be fully decorated by the end of the month. Last year I started my xmas shopping a week before xmas, that was a mistake. This year I hope to find a happy median. Ive already started taking money out of every paycheck and will continue saving for the next couple of weeks before I make any kind of decisions upon what I'll be getting for xmas. Since my family is small I'll be able to spend more on each member of my family.

My mother has been talking about joining a gym for the longest time. I don't know if this is a good idea but I'm thinking about getting her a membership to Lucille Roberts. Lucille Roberts is a womens gym that has she can take classes all day. Maybe she'll make a friend, that would be nice.

My Father likes to read so I figure I'll get him some books or movies hes been eying. It's really hard say which books or movies to buy because between now and xmas I'm sure he'll buy a handful of the books or movies hes been talking about. I know hes interested in Peter Schiff's book Crashproof 2.0 and Wolverine . A watch might be nice but I feel like a watch is a typical "i don't know what to get you gift". Id rather get him something he needs or wants.

Since my older brother became engaged this summer I figured I'll do what I did last year for mothers and fathers day. Ill grab all the pictures I have of him and his fiance then piece them together in a photo book from Smilebooks.com. It will take awhile to find all of the photos, but if the photo book comes out as good as my mothers then I know they will love it.

As you can tell by my other posts I'm the photo nut of the family and my little brother is starting to take interest in photography. Im thinking about getting him the Canon Powershot SX10 IS. The Canon Powershot SX10 IS is a 10 megapixel camera which is stuck in the middle of point and shoot and DSLR. For his first digital camera it should be enough to learn and have fun with. If he is serious about photography then next year maybe he'll get his first DSLR.

What are some other good xmas gift ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment